Trains of Japan - A Photo Essay By Bob Tomasko - Revised, Updated and Expanded!
Japan is a railfan’s heaven – especially if you like electrically propelled passenger trains. You name it, and (except for mile-long freights) they have it. JRM member Bob Tomasko took the photos that follow during trips to Japan in 2001, 2003, 2006 and 2007. They illustrate the broad range of equipment you are likely to see on a visit.
- Shinkansens (bullet trains) in a variety of styles
- Limited express intercity train sets (EMU and DMU)
- Container freights and a (static display of a) steam locomotive
- Airport-to-city express shuttles
- Urban local commuter rakes
- Trams, LRVs and mountain railways
- Cable cars and monorails